KETO PEANUT BUTTER HEMP HEART COOKIES
|Peanut butter hemp heart cookies|
Hemp hearts are one of our favorite ingredients to work with. They are high in fiber, protein, and fat and have a nice earthy taste. Hemp hearts give these cookies a rich flavor and boost the nutrient content.
MAKES: 1 dozen cookies (1 per serving) PREP TIME: 10 minutes COOK TIME: 14 minutes
• ½ cup natural peanut butter, room temperature
• 1 large egg
• ½ cup hemp hearts
• ¼ cup granular erythritol
• ¼ teaspoon baking powder
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• ½ cup sugar-free chocolate chips (I chopped up a sugar-free chocolate bar)
INSTRUCTIONS: Watch video below
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter and egg using a whisk. Add the hemp hearts, erythritol, baking powder, and vanilla extract and combine using a wooden spoon. Fold in the chocolate chips.
3. Using a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop 12 even-sized balls of the dough onto the lined baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Flatten the cookies with a fork.
4. Bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes, until golden brown and slightly firm to touch. Allow to cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes prior to handling or they will fall apart.
5. Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze for up to a month.
- CALORIES: 120
- FAT: 9.8 g
- PROTEIN: 5.7 g
- CARBS: 4.1 g
- FIBER: 2.2 g
- SUGAR ALCOHOL: 4.8 g