|Keto Tiramisu Muffins|
Keto Tiramisu Muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes yield: 12 muffins (1 per serving)
- ½ cup coconut flour or 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener or equivalent amount of liquid or powdered sweetener
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 large eggs (2 eggs if using almond flour), beaten
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (or coconut oil if dairy-free), melted but not hot
- ½ cup brewed decaf espresso or other strong brewed decaf coffee
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 (8-ounce) package mascarpone cheese (or Daiya brand cream cheese style spread if dairy-free), softened
- ¼ cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener or equivalent amount of liquid or powdered sweetener
- 1 ounce brewed decaf espresso or other strong brewed decaf coffee
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
Unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a standard-size 12-well muffin pan (you can buy it from Amazon here), or line the wells with paper liners.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the dry ingredients for the muffin batter. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until very smooth.
Fill each well of the muffin pan about two-thirds full with the batter. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin, comes out clean. Allow cooling in the pan before removing it.
3. Meanwhile, make the frosting: Combine all the ingredients and mix until smooth. Set aside until the muffins are cool, then frost the muffins. Dust the frosted muffins with cocoa powder.
4. Store extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. The muffins can be frozen if unfrosted, but do not freeze the frosting.
- Calories 209
- Fat 19g
- Protein 5g
- Carbs 3g
- Fiber 2g