KETO NO-BAKE BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE BARS
|KETO NO-BAKE BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE BARS|
Yield: 16 bars (1 per serving) Prep Time: 15 minutes (not including time to make the crust) Cook Time: 7 minutes Inactive Time: 2 hours
How To Make This Keto No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- 1 recipe Easy Shortbread Crust (here)
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered erythritol-based sweetener
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup of water
- ¼ cup powdered erythritol-based sweetener
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum Fresh mint, for garnish (optional)
Go ahead and use any sweetener you like, except for granulated bulk sweeteners.
Because these bars are not baked, a granulated sweetener would be too gritty.
TO MAKE THE BARS:
1. Press the shortbread crust mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan. Freeze the crust while you prepare the cheesecake filling. (Freezing the crust will help it hold together when you spread the filling on top.)
2. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese with the sweetener and lemon zest until smooth. Beat in the cream until well combined.
3. Spread the filling over the crust. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
TO MAKE THE TOPPING AND ASSEMBLE:
4. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the blueberries, water, and sweetener to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Sprinkle with the xanthan gum and whisk quickly to combine. Let cool before using it.
6. Pour the blueberry topping over the cheesecake, either the entire pan or individual servings. Garnish with fresh mint, if desired.
As with any cheesecake dessert, these bars need to be kept in the fridge and will last for up to 5 days.
- CALORIES: 193
- FAT: 16.7g
- PROTEIN: 3.7g
- CARBS: 4.5g
- FIBER: 1.2g
- ERYTHRITOL: 16g