KETO EASY SHORTBREAD CRUST
|KETO EASY SHORTBREAD CRUST|
Yield: One 9-inch pie crust or 9-inch square crust (10 servings) Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: —
How To Make Keto Crust?
- 1½ cups (150g) blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup powdered erythritol-based sweetener
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, melted
I find that this recipe works best with a powdered bulk sweetener. If you use a non-bulk sweetener, you may need to add an extra tablespoon or two of almond flour to make up for the bulk.
Do not use a granulated sweetener; it would be too gritty in this no-bake application.
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sweetener, and salt. Stir in the melted butter until the mixture begins to clump together.
2. Prepare as directed for the recipe you are following.
Use melted coconut oil or avocado oil in place of the butter.
You can easily make this crust a day or two ahead and store it in the fridge. Just be sure to shape it into the pan for your intended recipe and wrap it tightly in plastic wrap so it doesn’t dry out too much.
You can bake it straight from the fridge.
You can also freeze it for several weeks, but be sure to let it thaw before baking.
If your recipe calls for a prebaked crust, simply bake this crust at 325°F for 10 to 12 minutes, until the edges are just golden brown.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (crust only):
- CALORIES: 137
- FAT: 12.7g
- PROTEIN: 3.7g
- CARBS: 3.6g
- FIBER: 1.8g
- ERYTHRITOL: 6g