⠀Mediterranean Shrimp and Vegetable Skillet
|Mediterranean Shrimp and Vegetable Skillet|
Ingredients For The Mediterranean Shrimp and Vegetable Skillet
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pack of broccoli florets
- 1/2 bunch asparagus trimmed and chopped
- 1-pint grape tomatoes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper ⠀
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 pound cleaned large shrimp, with tailed attached
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese ⠀
Instructions For The Mediterranean Shrimp and Vegetable Skillet
* For the shrimp:
Mix together the olive oil, oregano, red pepper, garlic, and lemon zest and juice.
Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Season with about 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
* For the vegetables:
In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil and garlic.
Add the broccoli, asparagus, tomatoes and toss to coat.
Season with about 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
* In a cast iron skillet add shrimp and sauté for about 4-5 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through. Be careful to not overcook them, otherwise, they will have a rubbery texture. Set aside.⠀
* In the same skillet, add all the veggies. Stir occasionally and cook for 5-7 minutes until the veggies are tender.⠀
* Return shrimp back to the skillet and mix everything well to combine.
* Transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle with the crumbled feta.